Call for Proposals
Inclusive Innovation seeks to galvanize the community in advancing equitable access for all in tandem with Pittsburgh’s growing economy. We are no longer accepting proposals; the submission deadline was January 31st. Find us on Instagram (@WeInnovatePGH) to stay informed about the Summit.
We expect over 2,000 attendees at the Inclusive Innovation Summit. In previous years, the event has taken place across Pittsburgh at a range of venues over the course of a week. This year, all community-driven programming will happen over the course of two days, will be free to the public, and will happen in Downtown Pittsburgh at a campus-like environment alongside the Boulevard of the Allies.
The community-driven programming will take place on Friday, March 29th, and Saturday, March 30th. Due to the shorter and more structured nature of this year’s event, all programs must either last for 45 minutes or an hour and a half. Community-driven programs will occur during the following times:
• Friday (8:30 am – 4:00 pm)
• Saturday (10:00 am – 4:00 pm)
Summit Focus Areas
When planning your event and submitting your proposal, please consider the mission of Inclusive Innovation and how your event promotes inclusion, equity and opportunity. We are seeking events that touch on one or more of the following focus areas:
• Active Learning – engage participants in meaningful learning that involves writing, talking, making, crafting,
problem solving, reflecting, etc.
• Knowledge Sharing – the intentional act of exchanging information or understanding to help participants be more adaptable.
• Capacity Building – guide participants on how to obtain, improve, and retain the skills, knowledge, tools, equipment and other resources needed to do their jobs competently or to a greater capacity.
• Empathy Training – teach participants skills to understand other people through training and experience.
***Due to capacity constraints, all proposals may not be selected. We will do our best to accommodate as many as possible. We encourage partners to collaborate on joint proposals.
Inclusive Innovation is a joint collaboration between the City of Pittsburgh, the Department of Innovation & Performance and The Urban Redevelopment Authority. Special thanks to the Richard King Mellon Foundation and the Hillman Family Foundations for their generous support to Inclusive Innovation.
© 2017 City of Pittsburgh, Department of Innovation & Performance